February 26, 2018

National Farting Day

There’s a National Zucchini Bread Day, National Cream Puff Day, and National Vinegar Day, just to name three of the ever-burgeoning list of National Food Days– so I say – why not give a shout out to your gastro-intestinal tract and celebrate National Farting Day with one of my favourite healthy foods – pulses, aka beans, chickpeas, lentils and split peas.

March 1 is National Farting Day aka – eat more Pulses Day.

To celebrate I will be LIVE on my YouTube channel, My Left Frying Pan cooking with and talking about the health benefits of pulses.  I’ll also be posting recipes leading up to Thursday on my Facebook page as well as over on Twitter.

#CanFart18 and/or #EatMorePulses are the hashtags for this year on Twitter and Instagram. Follow me @MairlynSmith for tips on pulses & links to more recipes using pulses.

6 Comments on “National Farting Day

Brenda Dolick
February 26, 2018 at 8:57 pm

Hello Marlyn

I find this disappointingly crass.

Brenda

Mairlyn
March 8, 2018 at 4:54 pm

My cookbook Healthy Starts Here has those types of recipes for you.
Peace, love and fibre,
Mairlyn

Mairlyn
March 8, 2018 at 4:54 pm

Hi Brenda,
Sorry to offend you.
Peace, love and fibre,
Mairlyn

Audrey Street
February 28, 2018 at 3:28 am

I m looking for recipes for soups with beans and healthy vegetables plus meals for company
I don’t cook with hot spices as it’s not tolerated but love herbs and some spices . Love your segments on cityline. Look forward to seeing you Marilyn

Bonnie Jarvis
March 9, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Hi Mairlyn,
I am so sorry you will not be doing “My Left Frypan” anymore. I looked forward to watching you each week, as well as reviewing previous episodes. Your humour, laughter and of course knowledge of preparing food was contagious. I will certainly miss you, it was like watching an old friend. I hope everything will work out for you.
Truly wishing you Peace, Love and Fibre.
Bonnie
I do try to catch you on city line, but it is not the same.

Mairlyn
March 13, 2018 at 3:27 am

Bless your heart, Bonnie.
It was sad to say good bye, but who knows what will happen next, I’m hoping something new comes along.
Thanks for being a fan and a supporter.
Peace, love and fibre,