Not too sweet this yummy gingersnap is also gluten free.
Makes – 40 cookies
One serving = 2 cookies
½ cup (125 mL) canola oil
1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
¼ cup (60 mL) molasses
1 omega-3 egg
1 cup + 2 tbsp (280 mL) quinoa flour
¾ cup (185 mL) brown rice flour
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
2 tsp (10 mL) ground ginger
1 Tbsp (15 mL) cinnamon
2 tbsp (30 mL) finely grated fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together oil and sugar.
- Add molasses and egg. Beat till fluffy. Takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in both flours, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and fresh ginger until the dough comes together.
- Scoop out teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Try using a mini scoop for the dough.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, remove from parchment paper and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in air tight container for up to 1 week. Or freeze for up to 3 months.
Per serving (2 cookies): 152 calories, 6 g fat, 0 g sat. fat, 10 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrates, 1 g fibre, 12 g sugar, 2 g protein.
Professional Home Economist Tip:
For a chewy Gingersnap bake for 12 minutes, for a crispy one bake for 14 minutes.
This recipe is from The Vegetarian’s Complete Quinoa Cookbook (Whitecap 2012)