Makes 2 individual pizzas to serve two adults
These easy to make vegetarian pizzas are a go-to on the weekend.
2 whole wheat tortillas
1 Tbsp canola oil
4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ cup thinly sliced zucchini or broccoli, about 1/2 a medium zucchini
2 cup finely sliced kale, make sure it’s well packed into the measuring cup
1 small tomato chopped
¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
1 cup hummus, divided
1-2 tsp La Bomba or any hot condiment you have to add some heat, optional
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- Make sure the oven rack is in the centre of your oven. Get out a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes until puffy and stating to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile: add oil to a medium non-stick skillet. Add mushrooms and let cook for 2-4 minutes, don’t bump them around or they will release their liquid. You want to brown them. Add zucchini or broccoli and sauté for 1-2 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add kale sauté until it starts to wilt. Add tomatoes and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until starting to soften. Add onion. Stir in until slightly wilted. Remove from heat.
- When the tortillas are ready, remove from oven. Flip them over.
- Divide the hummus equally between the two. Spreading right to the edges. Add La Bomba if using and spread out.
- Top each with half of the cooked veggies. Sprinkle each with half the crumbled feta.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is soft. Remove from oven. Cut each into four and serve.
It’s so yum, I took a bite out of it before I took the picture.