Easy to make
Makes 12 clusters
Some dinner parties just call for one decadent treat as the dessert. This is THAT dessert. Serve with tea or coffee and your company will rave.
6 oz (170 g) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped – use 70-75% cocoa mass
½ cup (125 mL) quinoa puffs – see sidebar
½ cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
½ cup (125 mL) whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on Medium power for 2 minutes (stirring after one minute), until completely melted. Depending on your wattage this could take longer, the trick is to add more time in 5 second intervals. You don’t want to scorch the chocolate. Stir until chocolate has completely melted.
- Add puffs, cranberries, and almonds; stir to combine.
- Drop 12 equal spoonfuls of the chocolate mixture on prepared baking sheet.
- Let set until firm, approx 30 minutes or place in fridge until firm. Store refrigerated in airtight container. Serve at room temperature.
Professional Home Economist Tip: You can find quinoa puffs in the cereal aisle in most high end grocery stores or at a health food store.
Per serving (1 cluster): 134 calories, 9 g fat, 3 g sat. fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibre, 9 g sugar, 3 g protein.
This recipe is from The Vegetarains Complete Quinoa Cookbook (Whitecap 2012) Recipe by: Cathy Ireland PHEc