¼ cup (60 mL) whole wheat flour
1 tsp. (5 mL) paprika
1 tsp. (5 mL) curry powder
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 medium onion, diced
¼ tsp. (1 mL) black pepper
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) lower sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) dark brown sugar
1 can – 19 fl. oz. / 540 mL pineapple tidbits
2 large red peppers, chopped into small chunks
1. In a plastic bag mix together the flour, paprika and curry powder. Place the chicken in the bag, close it and then give a good shake.
2. Dump the chicken into the crock pot and any of the flour coating that is still in the bag.
3. Sprinkle with the onion and pepper.
4. Mix together soy sauce and brown sugar. Pour over chicken. Pour the can of pineapple over top.
5. Place lid on the crock pot and cook on Low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
6. Remove lid and add peppers. Place lid back on and continue cooking for 30-45 minutes or until soft.
7. Serve with cooked brown rice or barley, I served in on barley in the picture.
Two thighs per serving: Each serving contains: 300 Calories, 6 g Total Fat, 1.5 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 590 mg Sodium, 37 g Carbs, 4 g Fibre, 25 g Protein
Big Cooking Tip for making one dinner and serving it twice with a spin:
Double the recipe adding 1-3 more hours of cooking time. Serve half the recipe; four servings on Day one as is. Two days later reheat the leftovers, add 2 cups (50 mL) of cooked brown rice or barley and 2 cups (500 mL) frozen peas heat through, add 1 – 385 mL can low fat coconut milk and serve.