Christmas squares are easy to make. So, if you’re family found the Christmas baking stash hidden in the freezer and ate most of your Christmas cookies, makes squares. They are quicker and easier to bake and eat, so better hide these really well if you want any left for company!
Decadent Squares that you don’t even want to know how many grams of fat they have….
1 ½ cups (375 mL) chocolate cookie crumbs
1 ½ cups (375 mL) quick oats
¾ cup (175 mL) unsalted butter, melted
One- 270 g pkg. Chipits milk chocolate chips
One- 350 g pkg. Chipits regular chocolate chips
One – 200 g pkg. Chipits Skor toffee bits
One – 300 mL can sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment paper, this makes it easier to slice later.
2. In a medium bowl: stir together the chocolate cookie crumbs and oats. Add melted butter, stir until well coated. Tip into pan and press down until the cookie/oat mixture is firmly in the bottom.
3. Evenly sprinkle the milk chocolate chips on top. Evenly pour the condensed milk over top chocolate chips.
4. Evenly sprinkle the regular chocolate chips and toffee pieces over top.
5. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove, place on a wire cooling rack and let cool for at least 6 hours. When completely cooled, remove from pan and slice into 24-48 equal pieces, your call.
6. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 2 months. Hide them until needed, because these babies are addictive…..