6 oz (170 g) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped – use 70-75% cocoa mass
½ cup (125 mL) quinoa puffs – see sidebar
½ cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
½ cup (125 mL) whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on Medium power for 2 minutes (stirring after one minute), until completely melted. Depending on your wattage this could take longer, the trick is to add more time in 5 second intervals. You don’t want to scorch the chocolate. Stir until chocolate has completely melted.
- Add puffs, cranberries, and almonds; stir to combine.
- Drop 12 equal spoonfuls of the chocolate mixture on prepared baking sheet.
- Let set until firm, approx 30 minutes or place in fridge until firm. Store refrigerated in airtight container. Serve at room temperature.
Professional Home Economist Tip:
You can find quinoa puffs in the cereal aisle in most high end grocery stores or at a health food store.
Per serving (1 cluster): 134 calories, 9 g fat, 3 g sat. fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibre, 9 g sugar, 3 g protein.
This recipe is from The Vegetarians Complete Quinoa Cookbook (Whitecap 2012) Recipe by: Cathy Ireland PHEc