We all need to be eating more fatty fish for their omega-3 fatty acids. But how do we get our kids on board – try this recipe for a dinner idea that your kids will love. For a spicier version check out Spicy Salmon Cakes
1 ½ cups (375 mL) Post Cereal Spoon Size Shredded Wheat + Bran
2 – 7.5 oz. (213 g) tins salmon, well drained, leave bones and skin on
1 small onion, cut into quarters
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp (30 mL) sweet green pickle relish
2 Tbsp (30 mL) low fat creamy Caesar salad dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 425° F (22°C).
2. In a food processor, pulse the Shredded Wheat until fine. Measure out ½ cup (125 mL) to be use as the coating and set aside.
3. Add onion and garlic in the food processor, pulse till chunky.
4. Add the salmon and pulse several times. Add the pickle relish and Caesar salad dressing. Pulse until well combined.
5. Using a ¼ cup (60 mL) ice cream scoop with a release button scoop out 8 salmon scoops and place into reserved crumbs.
6. Press the salmon gently into the crumbs, slightly flattening them into ¾ inch thick.
7. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes. Serve.
Makes – 8 – 3-inch (8 cm) cakes
Serves – 4 – 2 cakes per serving
Each 2 cakes serving contains
275 Calories, 13 g Total Fat, 2.5 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 290 mg Sodium, 18 g Carbs, 3 g Fiber, 20 g Protein