Serves – 4
14 oz. (400 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 4 equal pieces
2 Tbsp (30 mL) orange marmalade
2 Tbsp (30 mL) hot pepper jelly
2 Tbsp (30 mL) frozen orange juice concentrate
1 Tbsp (15 mL) balsamic vinegar
½ cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
¼ tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 450F (230C). Line an 8-inch square (2 L) metal baking pan with wet parchment paper. Lay the chicken on top.
2. In a medium bowl mix together the marmalade, hot pepper jelly, orange juice concentrate and the balsamic vinegar.
3. Stir in the dried cranberries. Pour over top the chicken. Sprinkle with hot pepper flakes.
4. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and has reached an internal temperature of 165° F (74 °C)
5. When the chicken is cooked, pour the liquid into a frying pan. Leave the chicken in the pan and cover. Bring the liquid to a boil and leave it to reduce for about 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Pour it over the chicken. Serve.
Each serving contains
250 Calories, 2 g Total Fat, 0.5 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 65 mg Sodium, 28 g Carbohydrates, 1 g Fiber, 28 g Protein
Where do I find hot pepper jelly?
In the condiment aisle, along with some other terrific things like chutneys, curry pastes and ketchup.
Serve this wonderful fall dish with cooked barley and roasted squash and/or steamed broccoli.
Big Cooking Tip
If you like the tart flavour of fresh cranberries, add ¼ cup (50 mL) fresh cranberries to the recipe.